March 19, 2008

I cried when I read about Lydia Sum 沈殿霞

March 5, 2008 8:18pm
I found some time to read the old Chinese papers piled up at home. The most striking news to me was the death of Lydia Sum 沈殿霞. I was so sad that I actually cried.
Lydia was not any celebrity; she was a legend. Her laugh was an icon. It represents true happiness. I was sorry to see her go. But what broke me into tears was her story as a single mom. I am so touched by her love to her daughter Joyce 欣宜.
Years ago, I was not afraid of death. I did my best so I would not have any unfinished business if the time came. Everything changed after the first princess arrived. Now with three, I am telling you I am very afraid of dying. I cannot die soon. The princesses need me. Prince Charming can’t manage them well; he could hardly take care of himself… I could not stop the thought when I read through the coverage about Lydia.
I wish the princesses know how much I love them.

No comments: