March 22, 2008

Blog Disabled

One of my blogs was disabled yesterday afternoon. It was my first time being banned and claimed I violated any Terms of Use. I was so nervous: What did I do wrong?

I followed some procedures to file request to reactivate my blog. I was then led to the Help page that explained the disabling was a result of the automated classification system marking my blog as spam. Blogger admitted because the system was automated, there would necessarily be some false positives. Once it confirms the blogs are not spam, it would put them back live. I was much more relieved: So I didn't do anything wrong.

I should have stopped right there. But I didn't. I clicked the Help Groups links provided and found people complaining their blogs taken down for 20+ days. I was so upset: What did I do wrong to deserve this?

This morning when I checked the blog, it was up again. I was thrilled: So, I was not wrong.
On one hand I appreciate the system being cautious and took care of the misjudgment so quickly. On the other, I really hate being led for a roller coaster mood.

No comments: