March 30, 2008

The Beauty of the Garden

It is Sunday, but my Princesses woke up at 6am. They sure did not want to give Mom a break. After practicing piano and Chinese the whole morning, I figured we should get out of the house.

We first headed to Children Brooklyn Museum but found out it was still closed for final renovation. The sign – so as its web – said it would reopen in spring. Isn't it spring now?

We made a U-turn and went to the Botanical Garden. The weather was so nice. It made the green even greener. I couldn't help lying on the grass. It was so comfortable. The Princesses loved the fish the most. They tried to count and told me there were a thousand of them. Ha!

We picked up some pinecones and colored them at home. It was a fun project. It made me feel like … just for some moments … we lived in the wild countryside. How luxurious – for city worms like us!

No comments: