May 13, 2008

Feng Shui

Feng Shui is no longer limited to Chinese. Many American are interested in it. Google just gave me 24.8 million "Feng Shui" search results as I am typing this, not too far away from Chinese equivalent "風水" which shows 37.6 million results. There are many English books about the topic too. I just found 8,000+ from Amazon.

Last weekend, I spotted some Chinese Feng Shui books in the Central Library. I immediately borrowed two. After all, it is better to study Chinese culture in Chinese. The books were written by two renowned Feng Shui masters. Though the content covers only the basic – more like Feng Shui 101 for dummies, there are conflicts between the two. So, who should I believe?

For sure, I should believe in myself. Whichever way makes me feel more comfortable will be where I would head to. Follow the heart. Feng Shui is for reference only.

No comments: