April 24, 2008

There Are Garbage Cans All Around

I couldn't help. When I saw this guy threw a water bottle on the train track, I shouted, "That's the train track. Garbage can is on the other side." He turned around trying to find who was yelling at him. He had no clue, and was so embarrassed when he realized everyone on the platform was looking at him. As soon as he turned his back on me, I shouted again, "Trash on track will catch fire when the train run on it." Now, everybody looked at me shockingly. What? They didn't know that. I didn't mind their puzzled look. I kept starring at the guy. He was seeking for a hole to hide himself. Luckily, a train came and he jumped in.

There was another time another guy "accidentally" dropped his empty pizza box on the platform. I picked it up and asked him, "Do you need my help to garbage it?" He was stunned and speechless. I walked 15 feet to the nearest trashcan, put the box in and walked back to the guy. "The garbage can is right there. You probably did not see it." The guy in his power suit thanked me. He was extremely embarrassed in front of his friends.

I was in the playground the other day, two boys took turn spitting on the floor. I starred at them silently. They stopped, looked at each other, and apologized to me.

I could go on and on. You may say I am ridiculous; I think those embarrassed were. I am not a cop or a teacher. I know I could not change the world. But I can't help. I live in the same world as these guys. I have the right to tell them they are damaging it. Don't I?

No comments: